Frequently Asked Questions

A. We assist a large number of overseas clients each day. You do not need to meet us if you are unable to. We can communicate by Skype, email or via conference calls. If, however, you would like to meet us, feel free to contact us to arrange a time convenient time for you.

A. We can assist with all areas of business from administration to bookkeeping to complex tax questions. We are able to prepare helpful guides and talk you through everything you need to know about business administration and bookkeeping.

A. The bookkeeping and administration of the company can be undertaken wherever you wish. There are certain practices that need to adhere to UK regulations, for which we can advise you further.

A. Provided you are happy for us to do so, we will deal with the tax enquiry directly with HMRC. If you choose to opt for our tax enquiry insurance, tax enquiries are free of charge to you.

A. Whether you are opening a bank account as a UK resident or as a foreign national, UK banks require information about yourself, your business and your projected use of the business. As we have great links with several major UK banks we are able to smooth the often hazardous and lengthy procedure.

A. With the recent introduction of the VAT Mini One Stop Shop and differing VAT rates, you may be liable to complete VAT returns in more than one country. We can help you complete the VAT returns, ensuring that all legislative changes are adhered to.

A. We provide a number of accounting services - from bookkeeping to payroll and VAT. If you would like us to, we can also evaluate your business ideas, discuss what might be the most suitable structure for your business (ie sole trader, partnership, or limited company) and prepare your business plan.

A. With the UK tax system becoming ever more complex, there is now a greater responsibility being placed on the individual to get his or her own tax right.

We can assist in making sure that your tax affairs are in order with the taxman. In doing so, we will ensure you do not have to pay the 100% penalties that the taxman could charge if you under declare your income.

A. Your personal tax allowance changes on a yearly basis and is currently £10,800 for 2015/2016. There are additional allowances for people over 65, and blind people.

A. This depends on your profits, minus annual exemptions and capital allowances, which we can calculate for you.

A. You will automatically receive a penalty of £100. Penalties will increase if you are more than 30 days late along with interest and surcharges. You could also increase the risk of a Tax Investigation by HM Revenue & Customs.

A. HM Revenue & Customs allow you 3 months to register from when you start trading. There is a penalty if you fail to register in the time frame.

A. There is a fine up to £1000 for failure to keep good accounting records. It is important that your book keeping is up to date. Please get in touch if you would like help with this.

A. We offer a service that can do a name check and set up the company on your behalf

A. The last date is 31 January for the previous year ended 5th April. We would strongly recommend that you submit your Tax Return well in advance of this date.

Follow us on Twitter

Sage Logo Xero Logo Receipt-bank.png The Young Harrow Foundation Logo Geneva Group International ICAEW members in Harrow, Middlesex

© 2019 Lawrence Grant. All rights reserved.

We use cookies on this website, you can find more information about cookies here.
Contact Us

Please call:
+44 (0)20 8861 7575

Quick links

Contact us | Website terms of use | Site map | Accessibility | Disclaimer | Help |

2nd Floor, Hygeia House, 66 College Road, Harrow, Middlesex HA1 1BE

We are a member firm of the Institute of Chartered Accountants of England & Wales (ICAEW). Registered to carry on audit work in the UK and Ireland. Our Insurer is Manchester Underwriting Management, Centennium Court/East St, Chesham HP5 1DG (worldwide, excluding North America). Also an independent member of GGI, a multidisciplinary worldwide association of accountants, tax consultants & solicitors.