What is Xero
Xero’s online accounting software designed to make life easier for small businesses. Not only does it help to reduce manual data entry you can also create invoices and expenses claims and view reports to see where your cash is going so that you can keep ultimate control of the numbers!
How can Xero help me?
Get your books done faster
- Once Xero is connected to your bank, transactions flow in automatically, ready for you to reconcile. You also get daily updates on the state of your business finances.
- Easy-to-use online invoicing software will make it easier for your customers to pay you faster. Use customisable templates, automatic reminders and online payment options. You can also see whether your customer has seen an invoice and whether it’s been paid.
Start to feel confident with your numbers
- With all your data stored safely and in one place, you can get a snapshot of how your business is tracking.
- You can also invite us as your accountant (or bookkeeper) into Xero. This will ensure we make sure you meet all your tax obligations. Watch this ‘How to invite us’ video for more information.
Optional extras you can add
Do business from anywhere, on any device
- It’s easy to access all your data and Xero tools from anywhere – just connect to the internet. Plus, keep all your essentials like invoicing and payroll at your fingertips with Xero’s mobile app.
Next steps to setting yourself up
Xero is designed so you can quickly and easily start doing business right away while taking the time you need to set up your account correctly. Need more help? Watch this ‘How to get started on Xero’ video
If you prefer, please contact your Lawrence Grant Client Manager and we will do everything for you.
The inventory management software tool
This tool helps you save details of all the things you buy and sell regularly, as inventory items. If you hold any stock, you can track the quantities and its value too. You can also create quotes, invoices, purchase orders and bills much quicker.
Please note, however, that Xero doesn't allow for negative stock amounts. Therefore, you're only able to enter the quantity of an item into a sales invoice that you have in stock.
Some of the other benefits:
- Use inventory items to reduce data entry by importing your information in bulk from a spreadsheet.
- Create more accurate quotes and invoices – fast!
- You can see how much stock you have at a glance when you’re quoting or invoicing. Descriptions and prices are entered for you, so you will avoid making any mistakes and keep quotes and invoices consistent.
- Add photos to your inventory items for a visual reminder of your stock.
- You can also upload supplier contracts to keep them close at hand.
If you’re interested in knowing more about the inventory software, please watch this step by step guide.